Completing the artifact challenge
The scoring system
The Artifact enhancement event rewards for upgrading any artifact you possess. It does not matter whether they are used by champions or not. If you are not interested in the calculations, or the why, you can jump to the end of the article.
As you can see, there are some points you can extract (and they will be very important):
- It does not matter whether you upgrade “Common” or “Epic” artifacts ;
- Upgrading artifacts from level 1 to 8 is definitely good for your money.
How much does it cost to upgrade an artifact?
Let’s have a quick look at the costs to upgrade a common artifact:
|Level||4 stars||5 stars|
It does not take a genius to understand that upgrading common artifacts from level 1 to 7 will be they key to correctly progress through the event.
Few calculations to get you going:
- If you don’t have any unlucky upgrades:
- upgrading a 4 artifact costs 16.210 silver and will reward 48 points ;
- upgrading a 5 artifact costs 21.400 silver and will reward 83 points ;
- with some unlucky upgrades (let’s say 2 per upgrade from level 5):
- with the 4 artifact, upgrade cost is 39.670 ;
- with the 5 artifact, upgrade cost is 51.600 silver ;
- If you decide to stick to a level 4 upgrade:
- with the 4 artifact, upgrade cost is 4.480 silver for a 24 points reward ;
- with the 5 artifact, upgrade cost is 6.300 silver for a 44 points reward.
What should I do
You will need 72x 5 artifacts (or 125x 4 ), and at a cost of around 3M silver (way less if you are lucky, way more if you are not), to reach the 6000 points. And some patience to upgrade all those items. But this is if you don’t have enough patience or capacity to farm enough items to stick to level 1-4 upgrades. In that case, you will need 137x 5 artifacts, or 250x 4 artifacts.
Just for a comparison, this is what my inventory looks like right before the artifact event.